Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paid DLC? On An Unfinished Game?  (Read 3740 times)
Suzumebachi
Members
Cosmic

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2016, 23:13:43 »

So the recent hype was about a new paid expansion...     Huh

ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack

The base game is just about playable, Primitive+ is broken in so many ways I can't count...and the dev's time has all been on new paid expansion content?

Fuck. That.

I think I'm uninstalling this game until they can get their shit together  Angry

Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 05:58:59 »

Yeah these guys aren't particularly bright.

"This is bad news for sapients, sapient." - The Caretaker of Nexus
dafoe
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 07:10:46 »

Indeed, not that smart. Actually, scratch that, it might be very smart, because people on official servers are gonna eat it up and it'll make the devs and their investors a shitload of money.

For our servers, it has been one month since the last major patch, and in this one all we got was rotated dino gates basically.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:16:30 by Angeliqa » Logged
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 08:00:02 »

Indeed, not that smart. Actually, scratch that, it might be very smart, because people on official servers are gonna eat it up and it'll make the devs and their investors a shitload of money.

For our servers, it has been one month since the last major patch, and in this one all we got was rotated dino gates basically.

You have a point. In the unscrupulous, money grabbing field it's... cunning.

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 08:32:51 »

You have a point. In the unscrupulous, money grabbing field it's... cunning.

Guess this guys went to the EA school of business.

Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 13:00:38 »

With the state the game is in currently, they do badly need to look at basic fixes first.
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 14:03:57 »

With the state the game is in currently, they do badly need to look at basic fixes first.
It seems as if they are stuck in the "cool stuff" rut and now they're struggling to fund the habit. Hence a paid dlc copy of a workshop mod.

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 23:40:17 »

It seems as if they are stuck in the "cool stuff" rut and now they're struggling to fund the habit. Hence a paid dlc copy of a workshop mod.

Doesn't this seem to be where all their cooler stuff has come from? The centre, workshop mod. Primitive+ workshop mod. Play as a dino (not in yet but announced), also a mod.

Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 22:18:26 »

Well, I'm an idiot.. but I got the expansion.
It is actually pretty good. Much more stress on the survival, Imagine being dropped into death valley along with a few packs of hungry raptors for company.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: