Linked Events
  • WoW Dungeon Runners: August 25, 2016
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW Dungeon Runners #9 - The Invasion Edition  (Read 6353 times)
dafoe
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:27:15 »

Our last session before the expansion hits, so for this week I thought it could be interesting to check out the invasions on our dungeoneers. At least one or two of them. They give some very nice experience and loot, and it is only a slightly different take to our usual spelunking. We will go for the invasions in Westfall and Dun Morogh, if they are available, otherwise we'll keep on going with our regularly scheduled activities.

What you can do beforehand: If at all possible, make sure you have the flight points in Westfall and Dun Morogh, it will save some time.
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:08:38 »

Sounds like a plan! Smiley
It may be worth everyone getting the flight point for the fort in Westfall ahead of time. Just make sure that there isn't an invasion going on at the time. Wink

"This is bad news for sapients, sapient." - The Caretaker of Nexus
Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:45:39 »

What you can do beforehand: If at all possible, make sure you have the flight points in Westfall and Dun Morogh, it will save some time.

To narrow this task down a bit. You need Sentinel Hill in Westfall. Follow the road south when you enter the zone and keep going. Should find a keep on a hill soon enough.

For Dun Morogh you need Kharanos, which is South of the Ironforge gate in roughly the middle of the zone. You can easily get to it from Stormwind where most of us are, by using the tram.

Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:53:00 »

To narrow this task down a bit. You need Sentinel Hill in Westfall. Follow the road south when you enter the zone and keep going. Should find a keep on a hill soon enough.

For Dun Morogh you need Kharanos, which is South of the Ironforge gate in roughly the middle of the zone. You can easily get to it from Stormwind where most of us are, by using the tram.
I think Sentinel Hill is the only one that needs to be unlocked. Kharanos is part of the Stormwind-Ironforge local network and doesn't need to be unlocked.

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 21:41:48 »

A tip if we want to farm these and don't want to run around as we don't have flying, is to do the Dun Morogh stage 1 and 2 only, as they are around Kharanos. Then run back into the inn. Log out and repeat. Good for the XP. Not so good if you are actually after the gear. Just got my Druid from 46 to 53 in around 40 minutes doing this.

Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 07:09:41 »

A tip if we want to farm these and don't want to run around as we don't have flying, is to do the Dun Morogh stage 1 and 2 only, as they are around Kharanos. Then run back into the inn. Log out and repeat. Good for the XP. Not so good if you are actually after the gear. Just got my Druid from 46 to 53 in around 40 minutes doing this.
Yeah I think this strategy is probably best suited to heirloom kitted characters. For the Dungeoneers it's probably better to go for the gear.

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:45:23 »

Out of the 6 I think we can easily get to 2. That will probably take us 30 to 40 minutes if we do all 4 stages. Tanaris should be okay to get to if we head to Booty bay and get the boat. Same with Hilsbarad if we run north through the wet lands and west through Arathi. Not quite sure on the best way to get to the Northern Barrens and Azshara without flying or the flight points unlocked.

Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:33:55 »

Out of the 6 I think we can easily get to 2. That will probably take us 30 to 40 minutes if we do all 4 stages. Tanaris should be okay to get to if we head to Booty bay and get the boat. Same with Hilsbarad if we run north through the wet lands and west through Arathi. Not quite sure on the best way to get to the Northern Barrens and Azshara without flying or the flight points unlocked.
Tanaris is going to be a pain to reach without flying and it's so remote (even for Horde) that it seems to have been largely abandoned.

Azshara is virtually unreachable for Alliance members without a flying mount, the only ground route I know of is through Ogrimmar.

Hilsbarad is going to be a painfully long trek through Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, Wetlands, and Arathi Highlands and then sneak across the border into Hilsbarad.

Northern Barrens is easy enough, it'll just be a bit of a trek down to Booty Bay from Stormwind (nowhere near as tedious as the Hilsbarad trek).

dafoe
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 09:36:50 »

The easiest ones to get to are: Westfall, Dun Morogh and Northern Barrens.

Tanaris requires a pretty long trek. Either by going through Loch Modan -> Wetlands -> Menethil Harbor -> Theramore -> Dustwallow Marsh -> Southern Barrens -> Thousand Needles -> Tanaris or Duskwood -> Northern Stranglethorn -> Southern Stranglethorn --> Booty Bay -> Northern Barrens -> edge towards Stonetalon Mountains -> Southern Barrens -> Thousand Needles -> Tanaris. Either way is a lot of travel time on foot. If we were high enough level to go to Northrend we would have a quicker/easier way to get to Tanaris through Dalaran.

Aszhara takes a while to get to simply because we would have to run from Crossroads through hostile territory or from Darnassus.
Hillsbrad is another long trek.

The reason I mentioned just Westfall and Dun Morogh in the original post is because they require minimal amounts of travel on foot to get to.

I also didnt intend for us to spend the entire night doing invasions, although that is certainly possible, but to just take a look at them with our dungeoneers to give Demonika and Venture a look at them before they go away, if they havent already done them.

No point in spending the majority of our time traveling to the various Invasion sites when they aren't going to be around next week.

What I think we should do is: When we have grouped up we check to see if either Westfall or Dun Morogh is up. Go do one of them. Check again. If neither of them is up, we do a dungeon. Once dungeon is over, we can check for either of those two invasions again. Rince and repeat until we run out of time.
dafoe
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 09:48:29 »

For the sake of it, paths to Azshara:
Stormwind -> Elwynn Forest -> Duskwood -> Northern Stranglethorn -> Southern Stranglethorn -> Booty Bay -> boat -> Ratchet -> Northern Barrens -> Ashenvale -> Azshara

or

Stormwind -> boat -> Darnassus -> flight -> Lor'danel -> Darkshore -> Ashenvale -> Azshara

Edit: Added boat between Stormwind and Darnassus to make it more clear how you get between those two, for those that might not have known. Also spelled out Stormwind. Again, some may not know the shorthands.

Another edit: For characters that are at least level 80 and have the flight license for Azeroth, there is a much quicker way. Take portal to Mount Hyjal, by the lake behind Stormwind Keep, mount up and fly South South East-ish to the invasion. The portals seems to be unlocked for you as soon as you hit the level. No need to do introductory quests to get them unlocked.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:36:40 by Angeliqa » Logged
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 10:03:04 »

What I think we should do is: When we have grouped up we check to see if either Westfall or Dun Morogh is up. Go do one of them. Check again. If neither of them is up, we do a dungeon. Once dungeon is over, we can check for either of those two invasions again. Rince and repeat until we run out of time.
I like this plan! Cheesy

Oh Ashenvale! I keep forgetting that its Eastern end runs North of Ogrimmar. Roll Eyes Still a dog to travel to.

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 10:08:39 »

They should all be up. For this week all 6 sites are up each time the invasions start. So you have 2 hours to do 6 if you are so inclined.

Demonika
Members
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 17:48:51 »

I have 3 Flightpoints unlocked in Westfall and 2 in Dun Morogh atm. Are there any more?

Edit: I have not unlock many waypoints at all, as I have only really used this Char for Dungeon nights - but will try to get on earlier tomorrow night to see if I can get some more
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 17:54:01 by Demonika » Logged

World of Warcraft
Demonyka Warlock-Blood Elf  : Horde: Shadowsong
Dem Hunter-Human : Alliance : Shadowsong
Demonikat Rogue-Worgen : Alliance : Shadowsong
Daemonika Death Knight-Draenei : Shadowsong

Steam: Kinelle Battlenet: Demonika#2656 Xbox: LibertyDemonika PSN: Akinomed
dafoe
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 17:57:28 »

You only need those waypoints you already have. No need to get on and get more of them.
Venture
Members
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 07:42:25 »

Sorry guys, late to the party here. What do i need to unlock?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: