Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stats  (Read 2743 times)
Venture
Members
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2016, 19:17:47 »

What should I level stats to and what is the stat priority?

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 20:04:35 »

Start with weight and health. Weight so you can carry a full stack of metal and health so you can survive a few hits from a dino or a bit of a fall.

After than it's up to you. Fortitude is good to help survive in cold/hot environments, also helps you recover from torpor quicker. Melee helps with combat using melee weapons and fists and lets you gather more with each when gathering yourself/with tools.

Movement speed isn't really worth it as you will mostly travel by dino. Some stamina can help if you plan to do a lot of running or swimming. Food it not really needed as it's easy enough to eat when you are hungry. Same with water as you can carry a canteen. Not really any reason to do oxygen. If you plan on going under water for a long time there are scuba suits. Same with crafting speed. Your probably not going to be enough for that to matter.

Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 20:07:31 »

Melee Damage can be useful if you find yourself going hand to hand with a raptor.
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 07:12:36 »

Leveling the weight stat to 390 is a good amount. The stat dominates more than just how much you can carry and move, it also limits how much you can lift at all (double you weight stat) so the more you have, the more material you can hold for massed crafting and, the more you can shuffle between containers in on go.

The crafting speed stat is one that you can really ignore. It really doesn't do anything worthwhile unless you want to be a master cook. It has an enhancing effect on the benefit provided by custom recipes but that's the only real use it has at the moment.

Movement speed can be useful if you don't like waiting or want more jumping distance. It also mitigates a bit of encumbrance penalty to movement so it works nicely in conjunction with the weight stat.

Melee damage is a stat that will be useful whenever you're gathering or hunting without a dino. Having some levels in it is, like weight, essential. It allows you can clear a material node faster. Gathering faster when you're on your own means less time looking at a tree or rock and more time looking out for predators.

Health isn't that essential to level up unless you are intending to go toe to toe with aggressive dinos. Armour actually makes more of a difference in these situations so Health stat does little more than act as a buffer.

Stamina: Gathering with a tool, running, jumping and fighting all require Stamina. So having a little more will always be useful.

If you ever want to go into the snow biome then levels of Fortitude are a must have.

"This is bad news for sapients, sapient." - The Caretaker of Nexus
Venture
Members
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 12:19:34 »

Cool. Cheers guys. I've mostly been upping the stats you've mentioned. What would you level fortitude to?

Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 13:08:19 »

Cool. Cheers guys. I've mostly been upping the stats you've mentioned. What would you level fortitude to?
The fortitude on my main is 34, which is probably overkill.
With that I can get by in just leathers in the arctic for a lot of the time.
Put some points in it, but it is a lower priority stat than the others.

20 is probably enough.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 13:34:33 by Doc Liah » Logged
dafoe
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 04:28:00 »

I have 40 in Fortitude, and at times I still get hypothermic in the snowy biome wearing fur armor, but if you dont intend to live there you dont need fortitude that high, prolly around 20-30 would be more than enough.

As has been mentioned, Food/Water/Oxygen is basically a waste of points, the rest are all good stats (even movement speed and crafting speed, even though I have nothing in either).

Movement speed is kind of obvious, but depends on if you will spend a lot of time on foot or on the back of an animal.
Crafting speed does have some benefits, mostly in cooking custom foods, as the result is better with higher crafting speed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: