Linked Events
  • WoW Dungeon Runners #2: June 02, 2016
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW Dungeon Runners #2 - Depths and Darkness  (Read 6254 times)
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2016, 06:14:22 »

Session 2! Starts 8pm.

It might be worth those of us who are not L25 yet trying to edge a little closer to that so we're not quite so spread out.

"This is bad news for sapients, sapient." - The Caretaker of Nexus
Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 10:20:39 »

Perhaps a bonus, no vents allowed, catchup dungeon? I'm sure we can 4 man something.

Demonika
Members
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:24:26 »

Ok - in my diary and as an 8 o'clock start.

(Thanks Vent for texting me and letting me know I had the wrong day - don't know why I thought it was Friday)

Will also get my char to 25. (Dungeon catchup sounds good)

Also - big thanks for letting me know what stuff I should roll on - really appreciated. I take it anything with Agility for a hunter. Discord is a good tool.

World of Warcraft
Demonyka Warlock-Blood Elf  : Horde: Shadowsong
Dem Hunter-Human : Alliance : Shadowsong
Demonikat Rogue-Worgen : Alliance : Shadowsong
Daemonika Death Knight-Draenei : Shadowsong

Steam: Kinelle Battlenet: Demonika#2656 Xbox: LibertyDemonika PSN: Akinomed
Venture
Members
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 11:18:35 »

Perhaps a bonus, no vents allowed, catchup dungeon? I'm sure we can 4 man something.

aww Sad

how about no boomkins allowed and i bring something esle?...

*Looks at his arcane mage and the potential fun he can have spamming Arcane Explosion*
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:22:40 by Venture » Logged

Venture
Members
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:23:19 »

Ok - in my diary and as an 8 o'clock start.

(Thanks Vent for texting me and letting me know I had the wrong day - don't know why I thought it was Friday)

Will also get my char to 25. (Dungeon catchup sounds good)

Also - big thanks for letting me know what stuff I should roll on - really appreciated. I take it anything with Agility for a hunter. Discord is a good tool.

heh no worries dude, tis cus we moved last weeks to the friday to try and accomordate everyone i think.

dafoe
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 11:41:57 »

Basically. At our current levels, there is pretty much only leather gear with agility on it. There are some exceptions, because blizzard had(still has?) a silly "random" stat affix system which could make agility appear on cloth, mail (before level 40) and plate (wont drop until we hit level 40).

Simply put, if it has agility on it, it is for you.

If it has a red text section on the tooltip, like the word Plate in this image, then you cannot equip it:

aww Sad

how about no boomkins allowed and i bring something esle?...

*Looks at his arcane mage and the potential fun he can have spamming Arcane Explosion*

I think he meant to say no Venturian KFC boomies. I am sure you can tag along on your mage (if you bribe us Wink)
Venture
Members
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 11:43:48 »

heh that comics cool

Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 12:23:49 »

If we get a point where everyone is on tonight then maybe we could do a catch-up run.

Alternatively it may be worth trying some open world questing for gear and a chance to look at the class at a slower pace? I find it gives me time to really look at how new abilities works and make sense of how to use them. It won't get you levelled as fast but it also won't leave you looking at your power trays and thinking, "I have no idea what any of these things do!"

dafoe
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 15:50:20 »

If we get a point where everyone is on tonight then maybe we could do a catch-up run.

Alternatively it may be worth trying some open world questing for gear and a chance to look at the class at a slower pace? I find it gives me time to really look at how new abilities works and make sense of how to use them. It won't get you levelled as fast but it also won't leave you looking at your power trays and thinking, "I have no idea what any of these things do!"

While this is a great idea, I'd like to add on a few more:
* The training dummies can be a very good place to practice/try out different abilities in an environment where things wont die too quickly or hit back and kill you if you mess up.
* If you want to practice/try out in a dungeon, just ask, and at least I will be more than happy to slow down/halt the pace to give you an opportunity to do so where people around you can observe and maybe give pointers.

I have found that some abilities you get almost no opportunity to use out in the open world. This includes most crowd control and dispelling abilities.
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 17:45:06 »

While this is a great idea, I'd like to add on a few more:
* The training dummies can be a very good place to practice/try out different abilities in an environment where things wont die too quickly or hit back and kill you if you mess up.
* If you want to practice/try out in a dungeon, just ask, and at least I will be more than happy to slow down/halt the pace to give you an opportunity to do so where people around you can observe and maybe give pointers.

I have found that some abilities you get almost no opportunity to use out in the open world. This includes most crowd control and dispelling abilities.
Training dummies can be a problem, the only ones I've ever found are L60+. Consequently their defence stat results in a lot of misses if you're more than 5 levels below them. Dummies are great for practicing rotations at higher levels.

It is possible to field test CC and interrupt powers in the open world. In open play it's absolutely more efficient just to kill the target, but if you go out there to deliberately test an ability, the there is plenty of opportunity to do so, it's just unnecessary if your objective is anything other than "live fire testing".

Demonika
Members
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 09:09:30 »

Dem is one bar into level 25 and now parked at theLseside Inn - so ready for this Thursday's Dungeon.

World of Warcraft
Demonyka Warlock-Blood Elf  : Horde: Shadowsong
Dem Hunter-Human : Alliance : Shadowsong
Demonikat Rogue-Worgen : Alliance : Shadowsong
Daemonika Death Knight-Draenei : Shadowsong

Steam: Kinelle Battlenet: Demonika#2656 Xbox: LibertyDemonika PSN: Akinomed
Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 14:05:11 »

Ran a LFD Stockades with my Paladin wearing Heirlooms. Got to 25 and just under 2 bars. So good to go.

Venture
Members
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 07:15:09 »

Did we do Shadowfang Keep last week?

Irritatingly i've just picked up a druid quest that is sending me there.

dafoe
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 08:05:21 »

Yes, we did.
Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 09:36:20 »

Did we do Shadowfang Keep last week?

Irritatingly i've just picked up a druid quest that is sending me there.

It was the one with all the Worgen, where I had my paladin quest.

Looking at this wiki page, it looks like most classes have/had a quest there.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowfang_Keep

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: