Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Info  (Read 7723 times)
dafoe
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 23:34:42 »

The Echelon Center have had breeding timers increased to the same rate as The Echelon Island.
Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 07:29:05 »

The Echelon Center have had breeding timers increased to the same rate as The Echelon Island.
Will it be possible to use the imprinting system at that rate?
The minimal care period seems to be 2 hours, could the rate be merely doubled or tripled? This might be less glacial but manageable.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:55:56 by Doc Liah » Logged
dafoe
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 08:23:32 »

Sure, we can do that.

Config files have been changed to:
Egg hatching speed is set to x60 (no imprinting during hatching, afaik, so might as well be quick)
Baby maturing speed set to x3. Let me know if you want it tweaked up or down.

Going to need a restart.
Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 08:41:54 »

Sure, we can do that.

Config files have been changed to:
Egg hatching speed is set to x60 (no imprinting during hatching, afaik, so might as well be quick)
Baby maturing speed set to x3. Let me know if you want it tweaked up or down.

Going to need a restart.

Cheers for that, I'll give it a test and see if it drives me mad Smiley
dafoe
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 09:39:19 »

Took down the Pirates Total Conversion server, as noone had been playing on it and it was eating up more than twice the resources any of the other servers are.

Started up a server using the latest and greatest in primitiveness for those who want to play around with that official mod Primitive Plus. Some increased rates on it. Let me know if you prefer the slower progression.
dafoe
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 12:52:25 »

I have added cron-jobs to automatically backup and restart the servers every morning (around 4am if I got the timezone settings right), as well as check for and do the updates every 3 hours. If there are any updates. It wont disrupt anything if there is nothing to update. If you are online playing when one of these updates happens, you will be given a 10 minute warning and grace period before the server shuts down and the update actually happens. If noone is online at the time, it will immediately do the update.

Let me know if this causes any issues on any of the servers or if you think the grace period should be longer.
Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 13:03:01 »

Can you set it to prevent new logins after the grace period starts?

Also is the auto process doing full backups in case stuff goes wrong?

dafoe
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 13:20:10 »

Can you set it to prevent new logins after the grace period starts?

Also is the auto process doing full backups in case stuff goes wrong?

I do not know of any way to stop new logins from happening, sadly.

As for full back ups, it does backups of the world, players and config files, but none of the game or mod data (I dont have the space to back all that up). If any of the game or mod data gets corrupted/broken we are screwed anyway until devs fix it.
Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 14:44:55 »

Out of interest I experimented with the Dino/Player transfer system.
Its currently possible to transfer animals from the Island server to the Centre. The Island server does not have transfers to it allowed.
Player transfers in both directions seems to be enabled.

The dino transfer system could be used to put animals in storage for extended periods as well. Which could be handy.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: