Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  
Author Topic: ARK: Survival Evolved  (Read 80864 times)
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2016, 17:01:24 »

Pretty sure he was just tamed because we could.
Opportunity + need to confirm whether the trapping method worked.

"This is bad news for sapients, sapient." - The Caretaker of Nexus
Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2016, 17:32:35 »

Pretty sure he was just tamed because we could.

Which reminds me, I slightly remodelled your iceberg base. Smiley
And there has been a small Argentavis population explosion.
They came out with decent stats, one at level 121 the other at 166...
I am not entirely sure what difference the level makes as the stats seem to be taken from either parent.
dafoe
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2016, 17:56:38 »

I am not entirely sure what difference the level makes as the stats seem to be taken from either parent.

The level doesnt do anything in and of itself, it is the sum of all stat level ups applied to the animal. I.e. every level a wild animal has (and gets as a bonus for taming) is randomly applied to one of its stats (including movement speed, even though that doesnt actually do anything). When you breed animals, the offspring gets one of its parents stat level ups in each category (70% chance it is the higher of the stats), and its level is determined by how many level ups it gained plus 1.

Example: Male parent has 30 level ups in health, and 0 in all other stats (level 31). Female has 10 in health, and 20 in weight, 0 in the rest (also level 31). The offspring can be 11 (health from mother, weight from father, rest from either), 31 (health & weight from father, rest from either OR health & weight from mother, rest from either) or 51 (health from father, weight from mother, rest from either).

Because movement speed level ups doesnt actually change anything (talking wild and tamed bonus levels), it is possible to get two offspring with the same stats, but different levels.

Hope this didnt confuse things more Smiley
Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2016, 22:11:01 »

Which reminds me, I slightly remodelled your iceberg base. Smiley

You mean more than Ang already did?

Geotic
Leaders
Cosmic

Awards:
Player of the Month - June 2011

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2016, 23:52:25 »

Quetzal,
Yep, I could do with one as well... for heavy carrying.
I think this is probably our core taming priority, although I expect it will need a little preparation to muster the Rex eggs.

Squawkie is sitting unused in the Homebase. He's only a lowbie but if someone can make use of him then by all means do. Smiley

Currently 32 rex eggs in storage in the lakeside base Wink
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2016, 08:11:19 »

Hurrah for manic progress!
  • The rest of the deck to be filled in and ramps added to the sides
12 Foundations and a heck-load of ramps to do.
  • A fenced in area for tamed beasties (probably made of window frame pieces), with access from the Pilot room.
Done!
  • The taming pen walls raised to full height
Done!
  • A gantry way and firing point for the taming pen
Done!(and it looks rather decent)
  • Storage, crafting, lighting and climate control equipment
Not yet but a rework of the deck and wiring means more of the ship will now have access to the power system. Smiley I'm rather proud of how that worked out, it is nearly possible to reach every part of the electrical system using the crawl-way system.

With all that building I finally made it to L80. So tonight's task will be to gather the mats for, and build an industrial cooker. (I'll have to look at getting one placed in the Homebase too!)

dafoe
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2016, 09:35:15 »

I'll put the safety warning here as well as the one on discord.

Keep your supersmithies empty any time you arent specifically crafting something. The mod developer messed up again, and the next time I have to update the server that mod may (most likely will) break.
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 05, 2016, 10:42:37 »

It looks like the chemistry table (read industrial pestle & mortal) is on its way. Smiley

The post says week beginning 11th April, so we probably won't see it until late May. Wink

Linky for reference

Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2016, 11:15:55 »

Apparently there's been a further fix to Beaver dams, first there weren't enough, then there were too many, now maybe it'll be just right (makes me wonder when we'll actually see the Direbears in-game).

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2016, 15:17:14 »

Hopefully we will now actually see some beavers.

Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2016, 08:47:37 »

Hopefully we will now actually see some beavers.
Checked G's pond and there are beavers there who have made some dams... so seems to be working correctly.

ETA: And I've found a master Rex saddle blueprint. If anyone needs one....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:08:39 by Doc Liah » Logged
Geotic
Leaders
Cosmic

Awards:
Player of the Month - June 2011

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2016, 16:48:48 »

I could certainly use a better T-rex saddle - how much stuffs do I need to make one?
Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 09, 2016, 23:43:59 »

I could certainly use a better T-rex saddle - how much stuffs do I need to make one?
Its not too bad,,, 5k hide, 3k fiber, 700 metal.
dafoe
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2016, 14:25:46 »

Look at what I stumbled upon hunting for a new quetzal today! Saw the silhouette in the fog, got in closer to scout it. Turned out to be a level 120 male Cheesy
40 minutes or so, 50 tranq darrts, 100 narcotics and 11 rex kibbles later, I returned home with this beauty. Now to get it leveled up for some epic carrier service.

Doc Liah
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 30, 2016, 15:00:23 »

Very nice, needs a better name though  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  

Jump to: