Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Defiance  (Read 24626 times)
Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2013, 22:27:33 »

For those not in the know there is a MMOFPS game in the pipeline from Trion (folks that made Rift)

There is a beta key give away up on MMORPG if any interested in taking a look at it, sorts reminds me a little of Starship troopers mixed with Tabula rasa sorta look to it

MMORPG Beta giveaway

If any played rift you proberly have a Trion account, just need to key in a code from the mmorpg site and will give you some beta access

Smiley

"You  gave us a world where we could fly. I can't thank you enough for that. Smiley"  - A reply to War Witch's post on the forums about CoH closing
Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 22:53:20 »

Its supposed to be tied into the Defiance tv show coming to Syfy in April.

Trailer

Sapphic_Neko
Members
Worthy of the Cape

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 16:47:12 »

Not keen of the mix of pvp and pve in a shooter mmo.
But could be good even tho i doubt it Smiley

Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 09:07:12 »

As my marvel code has  now expired:(, may take a little look at this, this  weekend  as have a key from the link above now.

"You  gave us a world where we could fly. I can't thank you enough for that. Smiley"  - A reply to War Witch's post on the forums about CoH closing
Geotic
Leaders
Cosmic

Awards:
Player of the Month - June 2011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 16:51:20 »

You not got a Neverwinter code then Snow?
Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 17:28:32 »

Yeah have one of them as well, but sampled NW other week so as have a limited time on Defiance so will give it a go as well.

Intial reaction is its not to bad, there is a note saying NDA is lifted starting March 22nd.

So may mention the odd thing when get more into it, will say tho the character creator is basic as can be so far, could not even change the colour of my hair, im hoping this is a minimal one just in for the beta test, unless its like Planetside and well most time may have a helmet on possibly, not that far in to say .

Also intil thought is its like Tabula Rasa and seems quite nice intial enviroment,  but not played with it much since got home as have the marvel hero PaX panel and info to keep an eye on to see what they announce. Smiley

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 17:42:37 by Snow » Logged

Geotic
Leaders
Cosmic

Awards:
Player of the Month - June 2011

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 14:49:47 »

Launch date is April 2nd, so what you're seeing here (in terms of features, nol doubt bugs will continue to be squished) is pretty much what the launch game will be.
Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 14:09:33 »

Well spent a bit more time in the game today, its very much a shooter game, not FPS but third. It appears to be like a theme park mmo as you move from one place to the next so far. The outfits are all cosmetic so can wear what you want, have not found much in way of stats , i thik they come all from the weapon you have , the players skill with the weapon.

Ther is a sorta hologram girl called EGO who is like something you have been programed with  a sorta extra abilities personna and depending on waht skill you pick from her options determines the way your character plays and waht skills are open to you.

There is also an option from the ingame shop to purchase outfits, and mounts and can equip these from the off looks like.

Plays i guess like a mix between Saints row for the third person shooter and Tabula Rasa for the constant spawns of mutated thigns and waht have you , it looks quite immersive.

I have also remade my character and found the hair colour option as played with the editor more to find thigs Smiley

its not the deepest edito but you can make an okay looking toon.

Its a buy to play game as in once you buy it you have access to it all, bit like secret world. Microtransactions appear to be optional as seems to be the way the mmo market has gone as of late on these models.

So far am quite liking the game, and tempted to buy it , but at mo price is maybe a bit high, but that be as its new and shiney

Looks like this game is also availble on the consoles not sure if its cross platform server or if each has own dedicated server.

its proberly gonna get quite action packed as most shooter games do.

Still looking for wher it installs the screenies to see if the ones ia have taken are lurking some wher on my hard drive.

But yeah if a demo comes out, i guess would not hurt to try it  Smiley

This a pic of my character copied to clipboard then saved with mspaint as cant find screenshot folder

Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 15:11:16 »

pretty niffty day light setting your vehicle dont put its light on and when dark comes the lights go on so thigns lurk in the shadows at you , so far its not to bad.

Seems you level up your particular gun by using them or you get better at them as appears to be a leveling abr attached to the guns you have, is diffrent way of doing it i guess, maybe similar to Skyrim, Dungeon siege in that the more you use it the better you get at that particular skill

Other thing i noticed is ther dont seem to be many players running about in the area im in, seen a small handfull, now not sure ifs its as itsbeta and maybe some dont have keys or access or all. But was expectingto see a few more folks then what i have done, maybe this will change when goes live

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 16:54:27 by Snow » Logged

Sapphic_Neko
Members
Worthy of the Cape

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 14:40:50 »

Been playing this a bit. Figured what the heck since theres no sub to it Smiley

It's not bad... buggy as holy hell and then some, but so far none are game breaking. Tho you could argue not being able to chat in a mmo would be game breaking...
Anyway, they got two big patched planned next week and the week after that so hopefully they crush the most annoying bugs.

Game reminds me a fair amount of Borderlands meets Tabula Rasa.

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 09:59:35 »

Is this worth picking up? I was shying away as I thought it was first person but apparently that's not the case. Been watching the TV show and thought it might be interesting to play in the world. Is it mainly pve or is it a lot of pvp?

Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:21 »

From my time in beta was just PVE, not sure when the pvp kicks in if at all, area i was in was all pve. i plan to pick it up but at moment i dont have £35 for it on steam, im awaiting till i see it cheaper but i enjoyed my spell in beta.

Kooma is only person i see playing it on my steam list at present, and he alwasys enjoyed his shooters.   Smiley

But i plan to invest in it some time when the price is more affordable. Smiley

Neon Vixen
Leaders
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:23 »

I will keep an eye on it and look out for a steam or other sale.

Sapphic_Neko
Members
Worthy of the Cape

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 10:00:14 »

Is this worth picking up? I was shying away as I thought it was first person but apparently that's not the case. Been watching the TV show and thought it might be interesting to play in the world. Is it mainly pve or is it a lot of pvp?

I think it's worth it, i mean theres no sub to it, you buy it, then can play it for as long as you like.
It's 3rd person and not first person, which is kinda nice imo.
Theres a large variety of weapons, even weapons of same type are diffrent.
Gear progression is kinda meh. a level 1 weapon have same stats at level 1000, they just get extra bonuses. But i guess it makes it nice for pvp, not running around with stupidly powerful items.
Like borderlands, mobs have some weak spots where you will crit them for extra damage.

Theres also small and big events, arkfalls. Like Rifts in Rift. Where you group up to win.
Theres co-op map, for 4 players. Sort of like a dungeon crawl.
Theres big shadow war pvp event, 64vs64.
and smaller pvp bits as well. Not tried the pvp myself, aside accidentally getting into a shadow war.

Also some missions where you race, and others where you get a specific weapon to fend of hordes of enemies. Or show off marksmanship skills.

I think it's pretty fun, it's not super mega awesome. There loads of bugs still, and some of the gameplay is just stupid and flawed. And the mmo bit is kinda... not there, hidden away in menus and the chat window is so small you can't see many messages.

But for what it is, it's definatly worth the money.

dafoe
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 17:39:25 »

I just picked this up as GMG decided to sell it to me for <30 US$ (with a 30% off code valid this weekend only). Will prolly give it a go after the weekend, as I am sort of in a Neverwinter leveling zen-mode atm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: