Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Some 3D Renders I am working on  (Read 25883 times)
dafoe
« on: November 19, 2013, 10:59:56 »

I have been spending some time playing around with all the Daz Studio content I have been aquiring for the past year or so, and thought Id upload and share some of it. Maybe get some feedback.

Daydreaming

Knight in Dark Forest

Rusty Coffee Mug
- Modeled this myself using Hexagon 2.5, following a tutorial, then shaded and rendered it in Daz Studio 4.6
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:25:50 »

Those are pretty good. The tricky thing with 3d rendering is shadows and interactions between the figure and the background environment. For example around the girl's elbow, she has a shadow cast by the rendering light, but the ambient light around her would also put the area under her arm into shadow to match the shadows cast on the model itself.

It's a whole world better than I ever managed tinkering with Daz.

"This is bad news for sapients, sapient." - The Caretaker of Nexus
Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:10:34 »

Cool, recal when Pyra used to dabble with that and Tankini, all used to play around with Poser.

I still have the disks here with some poser stuff on it i never really got around to finding the time to really play with it as much as i wanted.

But can make some fab renders  if have the time Smiley

"You  gave us a world where we could fly. I can't thank you enough for that. Smiley"  - A reply to War Witch's post on the forums about CoH closing
dafoe
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 13:59:58 »

Playing around with the program, trying to learn how to do different things.
On this one I wanted a skydome (took me a while to find one I could use), night scene, and water under the bridge (didnt actually have a water shader/texture, so had to find one). It is still a work in progress. Todo: Add some land/structures, make the lamps actually cast some light, and maybe add a few people on top of the bridge.

Btw, the gallery has a few more renders in it. Most of them tests while setting up the various scenes. There are a few from years ago.

Bridge at Night

I know my lighting and shadow setups could do with some improvements, but I believe I'll get better at it the more I play with it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 14:03:51 by Angeliqa » Logged
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 14:22:02 »

I know my lighting and shadow setups could do with some improvements, but I believe I'll get better at it the more I play with it.
That's the only way, it comes with equal shares of fun and frustration, but being able to look at the early images and compare them with the newer ones to see the improvement is truly rewarding (at least that's what I find). Smiley

dafoe
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 17:46:47 »

Another one. Super hero suit and pose. Took some work getting that logo onto the chest.
No lighting or shadow work done at all.

Hero Echelon Awaaaaay!
dafoe
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 16:36:22 »

Lost all the scene files for these renders when I messed up my HDD a few months back, but I am back with some new works in progress. Progress that may never actually be finished, I am bad like that. Anyway, here goes.

Scene set up with Daz Studio 4.7's Scene Builder, and rendered in LuxRender via Reality4. Rendering is still a work in progress. This is after about 8 hours I think, up to a total of ~1.1k samples / pixel (some of those stats can be seen at the bottom of the image).

This one was painstakingly set up by hand. Also rendered with LuxRender via Reality4 (all my renders will be done that way from now on, I think). This one hasnt been rendering quite as long, only about 18 minutes at time of posting.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 16:44:19 by Angeliqa » Logged
Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 16:48:39 »

Look good Smiley

"You  gave us a world where we could fly. I can't thank you enough for that. Smiley"  - A reply to War Witch's post on the forums about CoH closing
dafoe
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 18:14:47 »

After having let the tower render for a while, and possibly tweaked some camera settings, it now looks like this:

dafoe
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 15:59:09 »

I am back with another render work in progress. Using IRay this time.
It isnt a complete render, both in setup and actual render time. I stopped it at about 50% convergence (I think they call it). It is just to see how it is shaping up. Not too happy about the hair tbh, it looks a little meh. I'm also not done with the suit, even though I like the shininess etc. Also need to put some more life into the cityscape, some people, vehicles etc to populate it.
I like the pose, and pretty happy with the composition.

dafoe
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 20:41:21 »

Closeup of the character, to show off the bodysuit in its current form. Havent decided if I want that colorscheme or not, and how much skin to reveal, but I do know I want that kind of reflectiveness, or close to it anyway.

Products used in the image, so far, for those who are interested:
Karen 7 (Genesis 3 Female)
Dystopia city blocks (I think it is 11-20, one of the free ones anyway)
Mitsu Hair
Supersuit
Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 07:45:18 »

Nice! I like the gloss effect on the suit. Smiley

dafoe
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 14:20:28 »

And another test render, this time to show off the skin. I disabled all unnecessary elements for this one, such as the hair and cityscape. Looks pretty darn good if you ask me.

dafoe
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 08:49:30 »

And another one, this is closer to the final image I had in mind. Moved the shot around within the cityscape to put more city behind the camera. In the previous shots the city ended right behind the camera which made some reflections and light bouncing seem weird.

Knight Errant
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 09:04:29 »

I think the angle of the shot causes a little confusion over the subject of the composition. Is it the city or the woman? The lighting and positioning suggest it's the city, especially with the eye being drawn to the sunlit tower block.

Maybe some rearrangement is in order? For example, change the lighting angle so that the woman isn't buried in shadows and change the way she's facing in relation to the camera so that we can see her left side (that way her arm isn't blocking her face). Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: