Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: A true hero passes away......  (Read 20351 times)
Mr Nice
Members
Cosmic

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:54:43 »

I know that the announcments can't be psoted in - Our thoughts go out to his family to a friend that will be dearly missed.  As always I can be found on MSN - I'll never forget Mighty or the way he has been to me since I first met him what seems like so long ago.

Mighty meant alot to many of us, all I can say is RIP buddy I'm going to miss the fun we always had Sad

Good:
Mr Nice, Azuilla, Mako-Chan, Pure Nice Beef, Mrs Nice, Lost Ghost

Bad:
Gandrol, Mr Not So Nice, Nice Gang, Mouse Mania
Heatshock
Worthy of the Cape

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:18:20 »

Lots will be said in the coming hours/days.
And I am sure many will be better said than by me.
I met Mighty through the Echies.  And hes always been approachable, friendly and helpful.  Always worth jabbing him abt Marvel Comics and Cpt America  Wink.

It was my pleasure and good fortune to have met him. The game, community and all who knew him will be less without him.

Sorry I never got to meet you in person matey.
RIP. Condolescence to his family.
Ted Maul
Captains
Legend

Peter! You've lost the news!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:31:38 »

I can never think of things to say when I'm sad so I won't try..

Our thoughts are with his family and it was a true pleasure to have known him he was a good friend.

Ted Maul BS/Regen - Erica Maul WP/DB - Invisible Lead Soup Cold/Ice - Extrasystole Fire/Kin - Teufelskreis Ill/Rad - Sonel 44 Sonic/Sonic - Schadenfreude 38 WS - Rosid 39 Plant/Kin - Samael 30 Elec/Shield

Abbauzeit Widow - Collaterlie SS/WP - Lead Soup 41 Ice/Cold - Hellbine 40 Plant/Thorn - Creeping Dawn 22 DP/Kin - Rank Bad Hat 1 Spider

Carolinense 21 Spines/Inv - Belligerence 1 DB/SR - Electric Mayhem 1 Elec/Therm - Heavy Electricity 1 Elec/Earth
Jade Strike
Worthy of the Cape

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:35:00 »

I'm shocked and stunned to hear this Mighty always seemed bigger than life, and game feels alittle darker knowing he won't be around anymore.

Condolences to his family.
jessejames
S4 Team Raz
Worthy of the Cape

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:23:33 »

Ive been thinking what to say for a while now, its rare im left so speechless  Cry
I doubt if I leave it it will become any easier to to say so I may as well take a breath and let it out.

Thank you Mighty for all the fun times and laugh's ive had in-game. One of the first true Heroes I had the pleasure of adding to my friends list when I moved from Union to Defiant. Always Helpful in my early days up until the last time i had the fortune of seeing you Online.

Youve been a great leader of 2 of the SGs ive had the oppurtunity to join, the latest one "The Echelon" has undoubtly been the highlight on my COH experience.

TY Mighty.  May you Rest In Peace.

Sero
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 10:29:53 »

I saw this on the main forums today, wow.

I am quite taken aback by this terrible news. I will always remember Mighty for his enthusiasm, creativity and sense of humour, a top guy who was always ready to lend a hand.

I know he will be missed

Sero
Shock
Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 10:43:10 »

Its strange at these times you frantically look back to the last time you've enjoyed someone's company.  So although I've spent untold hours teaming with Mighty, our last sojourn was doing a memorable TT hunt in Grandville (followed by a well attended SF).  Think this will stick in my memory now for years to come....

Is a real shame not to meet Mighty in person, as I seem to spend more online time with you all than I see my family, and through this build up good online friendships.

God bless you mate, Rikti One is ascending to the heavens.  Cry

Shock

Current Level 50's:
Heroes:
-Shockwave Elec/Elec Blaster, Plague Warrior Grav/Rad Controller, Madame Red Stone/Fire Tank, Grey Matter Ill/FF Controller, Blade of Fury Kat/Regen Scrapper, Mutant LumberJack Emp/Dark Defender, Lord of Ice Ice/Ice Blaster, Spork Spines/Willpower Scrapper, Angus McMuscle SS/Inv Tank, Pyraa Fire/Kin Controller, Witchy Witchy Psi/MM Blaster, Sword of the Echelon BS/SH Scrapper, Anahel Ice/Cold Defender

Villains:
Deadly Mindwarp Mind/NRG Dominator, Urgg Elec/Elec Brute, In Memory of Mighty Crab Spider SoA, Countess Anastasia Widow SoA, Cauldron of Flame Fire/Thermal Corruptor, Contamnia Rad/Pain Corruptor, Longbow Agent 1 AR/Rad Corruptor
Mountain Man
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:49:24 »

I was lucky enough to meet Mighty on a Legion meet a few years ago in London and share a few beers. He was just as great a bloke away from the games as he was in them.

A sad loss to everyone, his family and friends.  Cry

We will miss you mate,

From all your friends in the Liberty Legion past and present and everyone you met on that day.

Peace be with you.
Illy
Sidekick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 11:21:09 »

This has seriously made me upset. I can't believe he is gone. Every time i see one of his posts it hurts more.
Phobos
Empath
Cosmic

Awards:
Head Hunter

War. War never changes.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:20 »

the responses on our boards and the main ones have been heartfelt which goes to show how much everyone enjoyed Mighty's company and what he meant to us all
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:46:47 by Phobos » Logged

"I'm not evil... Just not user friendly"

"Visit us on our Mumble server, IP: 85.236.100.59 - Port: 11312"
Knightingale
Captains
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 11:42:18 »

I don't post much (if at all) on the Echelons forums, but I've been a friend of Mighty's since my earliest days in the game more than 3 years ago when a lowly Empath called Knightingale teamed with a toon called (if I recall correctly) Amazoman!

I was only teamed with Mighty the other week in Villains and we were talking about his hopes and enthusiasum for I12.  He was always willing to lend a hand and was truly a hero in every sense of the word.

I've skipped over here from the Femme Fatales forum where we are all equally as saddened.  During his time in the game he touched upon so many people in a positive way.

He will be missed greatly.

Global - @Knightingale
Proud Member of the Femme Fatales and The Echelon!
Heroes
Knightingale (50 Defender), Rogue Elevenex (50 Blaster), Lady Rogue (50 Scrapper) Mr Infinity (50 Tanker) Miss Infinity (50 Controller) Knight.Shade (50 Warshade) Knight.Bringer (50 Peacebringer), Knight Arrow (50 Blaster) Sir Knightingale (50 Scrapper) DJ Knightingale (50 Empath)
Villains
Colonel Rogue (50 Brute) Sergeant Domino (50 Stalker) F411-OUT (50 Corruptor) Psiryn (50 Dominator) Major Maroon (50 MM)
Ongoing Projects: Max Speed (Defender) Lord Reckless (Soldier) Buffalo Bob (Blaster) Gideon St Michael (Controller)
Midnight Law
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 12:57:50 »

Hei guys, Mid here, Raz told me and I,,, I just can't believe it, Mighty was a good friend, My condolences. Mighty You will be missed mate,,, Heres to you buddy, for all the times we teamed, for all the times You were there for everyone who needed a hand, Heres to you friend,,, Rest in peace matey
Plasmarch
Purple
Global Moderator
Cosmic

Awards:
Head Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 15:05:43 »

Totally gutted.

An all too painful reminder that even the best of us can be snatched away without notice.

If no-one objects, I'd like to propose a memorial of sorts. A Mighty Taskforce evening/day. Get together, Have Fun and celebrate the spirit of the game, the supergroup, and its leader, who brought so much to all of us.

Godspeed mate.
Snow
Members
Hyperdimensional

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 15:49:09 »

A sad day for all who knew of Mighty, his loss to the CoH community is a big one.  Cry

Indeed as many have said he was a wonderfull person, a good friend to all so many and always game to help and assist when ever he could. Never greedy, very kind and a great person to be around.  Mighty being one of the first people i met in  COH, teaming with him all these years and having a good fun time. Never a dull moment.

Im very sad today, as i even tho i12 has gone live,  the feeling of losing one of the best COH folks has shadowed i12. And i know how much Mighty was looking forward to the new Veats, his ideas and creations will be missed. Very Sad  Cry

The Echelon  grew, Mighty leading them onwards into bigger and better things, his loss is big to COH community and even bigger to his close friends and SG buddies. He was a very charasmatic character in  game and i'm sure in rl (even tho I never met him). His passing has left us all in a state of shock, as was the last thing anyone expected.  Cry

Condolescences to his family, and mourn with them for thier loss.

Mighty, gone but your memory will live on. A true hero indeed.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 15:52:24 by Snow » Logged

"You  gave us a world where we could fly. I can't thank you enough for that. Smiley"  - A reply to War Witch's post on the forums about CoH closing
Anzoria
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 16:10:03 »

I am totally gutted  Cry

Mighty was one of my best online firends, he helped my though some bad times like only a true thoughtful and caring best friend can do and for that I will always be eternally grateful.

I was lucky to meet him in rl at the Legion meet in London, he even met me off the train, was so looking forward to meeting again one day.

I will never forget him amd CoX will never be same without hime there.

Goodbye Owen my friend  Cry

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: